Heavy rains resulting in floods and landslides have in the past two months killed at least 150 people, displacing 300,000 others, Radio France International, RFI reported on May 13, 2018. Many people are still missing, while thousands of cattle have been lost to the disasters. Meanwhile, Kenyan authorities on May 11, 2018 said Patel Dam that burst last week, killing at least 45 people was illegal as the owner was not issued any building permit, the BBC reported. Vinoj Kumar, the General Manager of the farm where several dams are built denied any wrongdoing, saying they were constructed 15 to 20 years ago and there was nothing illegal about them.
Lire aussi : Imperative National Reconciliation!
Les plus Lus
- Barrage hydroélectrique de Nachtigal: 786 milliards pour la construction
- Cameroon Development Corporation: la restructuration se précise
- Banane: les exportations en baisse au troisième trimestre
- Distribution des produits pétroliers: le boom des stations-service
- Transformation de l’anacarde: l’Appel d’Abidjan