At least four people were killed on May 22, 2018 after a seven-hour battle between security forces and terrorists in Ouagadougou, capital of Burkina Faso, agency reports said. Three assailants were killed, including a gendarme. Security forces conducted the anti-terrorist raid in Rayongo on the outskirts of Ouagadougou at about 3 am local time following a tip-off. A sizeable arms cache and military uniforms were recovered during the operation. At least eight members of security forces and eight militants were killed last March after a two-pronged attack by a prominent al-Qaeda affiliate based in Mali targeted the army headquarters and the French Embassy in Ouagadougou.
Les plus Lus
- Droits d’auteur de l’art musical: une nouvelle société en gestation
- Développement de la SOPECAM: le plan quinquennal au scanner
- Bravoure et professionnalisme: deux fonctionnaires de police à l’honneur
- Nécrologie: hommage au Pr. Joël Moulen
- Transport de marchandises: moins de tracas pour les camionneurs