The US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, has delivered a stinging criticism of UN peacekeeping missions saying they can often lose their focus and become a never-ending presence in some countries. In a speech at think tank the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), she had particularly harsh words for the UN mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Monusco. “The government is corrupt and preys on its citizens. At the same time the UN peacekeeping mission is mandated to partner with the government to consolidate peace and security. “Nikki Haley said.
- Bureau des Nations unies aux droits de l'Homme du Burundi: Bientôt la fermeture
- GCE: 2019 Practical Sessions On-Going
- 2e phase de l’autoroute Yaoundé-Douala : appel au partenariat public-privé
- Fonction publique et Réforme administrative:Les défis de Seini Katchalla Toukour
- 17 militaires tués à Darak: Une journée de deuil national instituée