Road accident at Ndikinimeki: Mangwa Boy Company Suspended

Below is a press release by the Ministry of Transports.

“The Minister of Transport hereby informs the general public a fatal road accident occurred on Friday, 14 August 2026, along the Yaounde-Bafoussam highway at a location known as Nomale. The accident involved a bus operated by the MANGWA BOU transport com­ pany and an articulated truck belonging to Mr Tata Emmanuel, who, following preliminary in­ vestigations, was found to have been opera­ ting unlawfully as a road transport operator. The provisional toll stands at sixteen (16) per­ sons dead, including the bus drive, of whom twelve (12) died on the spot while four (04) succumbed to their injuries at the Bafia District Hospital. Forty-two (42) others persons sus­ tained injuries. Preliminary findings reveal that the said bus, which was not equipped with the approved sa­ fety and monitoring device, and whose drive was overspeeding and in a state of drowsi­ ness, collided with an articulated vehicle that had been improperly parked on the roadway and was overloaded. In light of the foregoing, the Minister of Trans­ port has, as a conservatory measure, and in compliance with the regulations in force, wi­ thout prejudice to any judicial or criminal pro­ ceedings, decided as follows: 1. With regard to MANGWA BOY COMPANY LTD: - The suspension of the Company’s Second Category Transport Operating Licences No.20134/SSDT/MINT/DDT/OU001 and No.47240/SSDT/MINT/DTR/CE004, with the immediate impoundment of all vehi­ cles operating under these licences; - The institution of a technical and admi­ nistrative compliance audit of the said Company. 2. With regard to Mr Tata Emmanuel: -...

Reactions

Commentaires

    List is empty.

Laissez un Commentaire

De la meme catégorie