Circular n°002/PM/ of 26 February 2018.
The Prime Minister, Head of Government,
- Board Chairs of State-owned companies and establishments;
- Directors General and Deputy Directors General of State-owned companies and establishments.
The attention of the President of the Republic has been drawn several times to excesses on missions abroad by Board Chairs, Administrators, Directors General and Deputy Directors General of State-owned companies and establishments.
Added to the fact that some of these missions are undertaken without prior authorization from competent authorities, their added value to State-Owned companies and establishments is not always perceived.
Furthermore, expenses related to these missions abroad weigh heavily on the budget of the companies managed by you, whereas, in most cases these companies and establishments are faced with liquidity crises and difficulties to exercise public service which is their duty.
To rationalize missions and other travels abroad, and in compliance with the instructions of the Head of State on this issue:
1. For all official missions abroad by air, Board Chairs, Administrators, Directors General and Deputy Directors General of State-owned companies and establishments, shall travel in business class;
2. For State-owned companies and establishments under the technical supervision of the Presidency of the Republic, applications for exit authorisations shall be forwarded by Board Chairs to the Minister, Secretary General at the Presidency of the Republic;
3. For other State-owned companies and establishments, applications for exit authorisations shall be forwarded by Board Chairs to the Ministers providing technical supervision, for prior approval by the Prime Minister, Head of Government.
Furthermore, endeavour to choose the most direct and less costly itinerary for every mission.
I, therefore, urge you to comply with the provisions of this Circular in subsequent missions of structures under your responsibility. These provisions shall enter into force with immediate effect and shall be strictly followed by ministers who provide technical supervision to State-owned companies and establishments.
Yaounde, 26 February 2018
Head of Government