Concerns Of English Speaking Lawyers: Committee Recommendations To Be Submitted To The PM
Below is a press release that sanctioned the meeting of the ad hoc committee created to that effect.
The Ad hoc committee created by the Prime Minister, Head of Government, on the 22nd of December 2016 “charged with reviewing and proposing solutions to the concerns raised by English speaking Lawyers of Cameroon, relative to the functioning of the Justice system”, held its first meeting at Djeuga Palace Hotel in Yaoundé on the 27th and 28th December 2016.
The agenda for the meetings notably comprised the following points:
- Restitution of Lawyers wigs and robes seized during the protests;
- Judicial proceedings against members of the forces of law and order alleged to have committed acts of violence against lawyers;
- Transfer of francophone judiciary personnel who do not master the English language;
- Creation within the Supreme Court of a special section in charge of appeals in the English language;
- Creation of common law Department within the National School of Administration and Magistracy (ENAM).
The first thing worth noting is that all the members of the Committee were present. Secondly, the discussions were frank and cordial. The committee therefore worked in a serene atmosphere and adopted its recommendations by consensus.
The recommendations resulting from these sessions shall be submitted to the Prime Minister, Head of Go...
- 08 déc. 2023 11:22
- 0 likes
- 08 déc. 2023 11:17
- 0 likes