2022 World Cup Qualifiers: FIFA Dismisses South Africa’s Appeal Against Ghana

From the decision, the Black Stars will advance to the last stage of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

The SA Football Association (SAFA) has had its protest to FIFA against the result of Bafana Bafana's 1-0 World Cup qualifying defeat to Ghana in Cape Coast on November 14 dismissed. The heavily-disputed result saw Ghana progress to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar by the narrowest of margins, level on 13 points and goal difference in Group G with SA but having scored more goals. SAFA said on Friday evening: “SAFA will consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest after Bafana Bafana’s controversial 1-0 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana last month.”

SAFA CEO Advocate Tebogo Monthlante said once SAFA gets reasons for the outcome; it will sit down and weigh its options. Motlanthe was quoted as saying: “We have received the decision without details and we will request FIFA for the reasons and consider our options.” The website Ghanasoccernet.com quotes a FIFA statement as saying: “The protest lodged by SA has been declared inadmissible by the disciplinary committee as it did not meet the requirements foreseen under article 46 of the FIFA disciplinary code and article 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary Competition of the FIFA World Cup ...

Reactions

Comments

    List is empty.

Lead a Comment

Same category